Sunday, October 28, 2018

1500 miles for Water of Life

In June 2017 I was scheduled for heart valve replacement surgery. The Saturday before, I went for a short ride that ended when my front wheel slipped in a wet parking lot. I fell at slow speed, fracturing my pelvis.

Two months later I was back on a stationary bike, the surgery postponed until I was fully recovered.

Four months later I learned my heart condition was no longer an issue and the surgery was indefinitely postponed. There was no medical explanation -- just clearance to resume normal activity.

So I'm riding again, but this time I want to make it count. I'm averaging at least 100 miles a week (October 6th I rode the Seagull century in Salisbury, MD, finishing in 5 hours, 10 minutes). with a goal to ride 1500 miles between August and Christmas day, 2018, to raise money for Water of Life.

(You can donate here: Dan's Water of Life Fundly Page)

Water of Life is a 501(c)(3) charity dedicated to serving people in India and West Africa by drilling wells to provide clean water.
It's more than a well, though. Water of Life has 5 "drops of impact":
  1. Give clean water
  2. Offer education
  3. Provide employment
  4. Disrupt the statistics
  5. Offer spiritual infrastructure
Click here to learn more about the mission and ministry of Water of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading our blog! We'll review your comment and add soon!